Tips for Power Washing Concrete Patio
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t think of power washing as a fun weekend project. But it can be! With the right tips, it’s easy to get the job done quickly and without any major headaches. Here are four tips for power washing concrete patio that will make the process go more smoothly:
- Choose the right pressure washer. The pressure of the water coming out of the power washer is important. If it’s too high, it can damage your concrete. If it’s too low, it won’t be effective at cleaning. To be safe, choose a power washer with adjustable pressure settings so you can find the perfect setting for your patio.
- Use the right detergent. Not all detergents are created equal. Some are specifically designed for power washing and will be more effective than others. When in doubt, ask the experts at your local home improvement store which detergent they recommend for power washing concrete.
- Be careful with the angle of the nozzle. The angle of the nozzle on the power washer can have a big impact on how well it cleans. If it’s pointing too high, the water will bounce off the concrete and not do a very good job of cleaning. If it’s pointing too low, it can etch the surface of your patio. Experiment with different angles until you find one that gives you the best results.
- Protect your plants. Power washing can be tough on plants, so it’s important to take steps to protect them before you start spraying away. Move any potted plants out of the way and cover any delicate plants with plastic sheeting. That way, they’ll be protected from the powerful stream of water.
With these tips in mind, power washing your concrete patio will be a breeze. Just remember to take your time, be careful with the pressure washer, and use the right detergent. Soon enough, you’ll have a clean patio that’s ready for summertime fun. Just because you’ve power washed your patio doesn’t mean the job is done. In order to keep it looking its best, you’ll need to take a few steps to maintain it in the future.
Here are four tips for keeping your patio clean:
- Sweep regularly. Dust and dirt can build up on your patio over time, and if it’s not cleaned up regularly, it can start to look pretty bad. Make a habit of sweeping your patio at least once a week to keep it looking neat and tidy.
- Use a sealant. A sealant will help protect your patio from moisture and staining. It’s recommended that you apply a sealant every two or three years, depending on how often you use your patio.
- Clean up spills right away. If you spill any food or drinks on your patio, be sure to clean it up right away. Otherwise, the spill will stain the concrete and be difficult to remove.
- Call a professional for tough stains. If you have a tough stain that you can’t seem to get out, it’s best to contact to a professional power washing company for help. They’ll have the tools and knowledge necessary to remove even the most stubborn stains.
By following these tips, you can keep your patio looking its best all year long. With a little bit of effort, you can enjoy a beautiful patio that’s perfect for entertaining guests or simply relaxing in the sun.
Moore’s Pressure Washing