How much should I expect to pay for professional pressure washing services?
It is not a secret that the weather in your area can have an effect on how dirty and grimy your home becomes. If you live in an area where it rains often, there is going to be a lot more dirt and grime accumulating faster than if you lived in an arid climate. The same goes for snowfall in cold climates versus dryer climates. The only way to combat this accumulation of dirt and grime is with professional pressure washing companies. But what are these services going to cost? That’s what we’re here to answer! Here are the general costs associated with hiring a professional for pressure washing services:
– $75-$150 per hour
– Minimum of 2 hours required
– Cost will vary depending on the size of the area being pressure washed and how dirty it is
– Travel costs can add up if a company has to travel a long way to you
– Prep work may be required, such as removing plants from certain areas, covering items in your home that cannot get wet, etc.
In addition to this general idea of cost, here are some other things to consider when thinking about paying for these services:
– The type of service you get matters. If you simply need a light cleaning around your porch or walkway, then a minimum of 2 hours should be enough for just that. However, if you have a very large driveway or front sidewalk then think about asking for an estimate based on the time needed.
– If a company has to travel a greater distance, then obviously the cost will be going up.
– Coverage of other areas that require cleaning could also affect your final cost. For example, if you have a large roof but only want it cleaned around the edges and not the top, then expect to pay more for less work being completed because it is inconvenient to the contractor.
– Be sure to ask about how removing pet stains from sidewalks or patios could affect your final price tag as well. Some companies may charge extra depending on what has been requested. This can be especially important when thinking about selling a home and potential buyers with pets may come through soon after.
When looking for a service provider, consider the following:
– Ask for a physical estimate in writing before beginning work, and get a quote on how long the job should take to complete. You do not want any surprises!
– Request multiple references from other customers who have used their services before. Review these testimonials carefully to make sure you are hiring a quality company with an excellent reputation. It will save you time, money, and headaches in the future.
– If your home is contaminated with mold or mildew, then the process of removing these stains will likely be more expensive because it requires different treatments beyond just pressure washing.
Detail about how to negotiate pressure washing prices.
– Quality companies are not always the cheapest ones out there, but they should provide you with excellent service and competitive rates for their work. From personal experience, I have found that many homeowners try to haggle over price when getting multiple quotes for this type of job. You can certainly ask if they can beat another company’s rate so you are able to get the best possible price but don’t expect them to do this every time.
– When getting your estimate, ask specifically what is included to avoid any confusion later on. For example, does the quote include a power washing of the roof, all decks, and steps, or just certain areas? Will prices change if you add an extra section to get done? Be sure to get things in writing so there are no misunderstandings down the road!
Check out our local service area below!
Moores Pressure Washing