Pressure Washing Brick: Why It’s Must – Brick Cleaning 101
Pressure washing brick is a great way to clean the exterior of your home, and it’s especially effective when it comes to cleaning brick. Brick is a porous material, which means that it can easily absorb dirt, grease and grime. But with the help of a pressure washer, you can blast away all the built-up dirt and gunk in no time!
What is pressure washing and why is it a must-have for brick cleaning
Pressure washing is the process of using high-pressure water to clean surfaces. It’s a great way to clean the exterior of your home, and it’s especially effective when it comes to cleaning brick. Brick is a porous material, which means that it can easily absorb dirt, grease and grime. But with the help of a pressure washer, you can blast away all the built-up dirt and gunk in no time!
When using a pressure washer, be careful not to direct the spray at windows or any other glass because it can easily get broken. Also, don’t use your pressure washer too often because this can cause damage to your brick by eroding away the mortar that holds it together. For best results only pressure wash brick once every two years.
How to pressure wash brick – the dos and don’ts
When it comes to pressure washing brick, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here are some dos and don’ts to help you get the most out of your pressure washing session:
- Start by cleaning a small section of the brick at a time
- Use a low-pressure setting on your pressure washer to avoid damaging the brick
- Use a detergent or cleaner specifically designed for cleaning brick
- Rinse the area well after cleaning
- Pressure wash brick in direct sunlight – the heat from the sun will make it difficult to rinse the area properly
- Pressure wash at full pressure – this will damage the brick
- Wash bricks that are covered in moss
- use a weed killer specifically designed to kill moss instead. Otherwise, you may end up damaging the brick.
- other ways pressure washing can benefit your home
There are many other ways pressure washing can benefit your home. For example, it can help to remove tough stains from siding, it can get rid of built-up grime on gutters, and it can even clean the driveway! In fact, pressure washing is a great way to clean just about any surface on your property.
So if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to clean your home, consider pressure washing! It’s a great way to get your property looking its best in no time.
How to maintain your newly cleaned brick exterior
Now that your brick exterior is clean, it’s important to take steps to protect it and keep it looking its best. Here are a few tips on how to maintain your newly cleaned brick:
- Keep an eye on the weather – if it looks like it’s going to rain, cover the brick with a tarp or some other type of waterproof material. This will protect it from getting wet and becoming dirty again.
- Clean any dirt or debris that builds up on the brick with a damp cloth. Do not use a pressure washer, as this can damage the brick.
- Seal the brick every two years with a sealant designed for this purpose. This will help to protect it from moisture and staining.